Introduction

Welcome to the IMS Virtual Studio

Copyright Announcement- The Copyright of all material posted in this blog, is owned by Image of the Mind Studios and it is posted here for your review only. Text or images may not be copied or reprinted without permission in writing. This is the case for all creative materials, including what has been posted on this and other blogs managed by IMS and myself. Arthur Greisiger.

Saturday, October 27, 2018

IMS Studio, work in general

Recent events have led me to work on refining the work environment at (what I call) Studio 1325.

With the impending approach of winter there is much preparation to the building and grounds.

I'm in the process of becoming the owner of the property, meaning my expenses will increase substantially.

That means that "The Gnomes of New Hope" needs to produce commensurate capital influx to support both the work environment and the expenditures required for general operations and the specifics of producing the assortment of end products we intend to create, a number of which are already "in-process".

One pending event is the relocation of my 1944 Star Trailerized Home. I acquired that years ago, thinking I might use it for location film work. I lived in it for nearly four years, before circumstances turned me into a condo dweller. During that time, I also began building my 1962 International CO1600 as a mobile workshop and to pull the trailer, while bringing the workshop to the location as well.

In fact, I had (and may still have) the opportunity to purchase up to four small RVs which were used as classrooms. I imagined renovating and equipping them into work vehicles (ie: camera truck, costume, props, production ofc) as rental units for location film work. But practically speaking, trailers are more efficient in terms of registrations and insurance.

In regard to the Star, I have intentions of doing a "ground up restoration". So I am preparing a space in the back lot for it, since I can no longer keep it where it is, and I need it in close proximity in order to work on it.

These preparations have led me to work on the CO1600. The truck needs a transmission (a Borg Warner T98-1P) which I have been trying to locate for years to no avail. So my approach it repairing the CO1600 will be to upgrade the engine to a 392 and use the T-34 that I do have. There will be a lot of work and adapting required, but the improvements will be well worth it. However, if I can find another T-98 1-P transmission that will make life easier for the time being.

So, working on the truck has led me to getting the snow plow painted and rigged up for it.

Last year I bought a 1985 Dodge Ram pick-up with a plow. The truck had been butched for parts and plow was too big for it, but it is exactly the right size for the CO1600. It'll be great, once I get it all working. I'll be looking to partner with someone who may want to use the plow truck during the winter months to develop a plowing business.

The '85 Dodge Ram is going to be stripped. If anyone needs body parts let me know, before I sell it for scrap. The chassis and power train are not for sale. I'm turning the chassis into the parade float/mobile stage. I'm going to see if I can rig the steering, braking and accelerator for RC (remote control). That only makes sense, if we use RC to control the animatronic puppets on the parade float. The parade float/mobile stage will be a rental unit.

So that's the direction things are taking, but for now the major efforts remain in publishing the Illustrated Storybooks.

The absolutely final revision of book one is "inches away" from being ready for press and subsequently distribution into the (international) marketplace. Here's hoping for the best.

That's all for now.

AG

The future of Cinema Under the Stars

Visit: Cinema Under the Stars for discussion about this program. All activities in the Meadow Amphitheatre are on hiatus. This and other programs will center around a new portable stage which we are building and will be presented at various locations.

The Meadow Amphitheatre

The Meadow Amphitheatre has been dismantled due (in large part) to vandalism.

We expect to rebuild a portable version of the stage, which will be available on a rental basis. Look for further information to appear on the web pages linked below or send an email to imagemindag@verizon.net

A tour of The Meadow Amphitheatre has been moved to it's own site and there is a page on Facebook titled "The Shakespeareans of Tamanend Park".

Please refer to The Shakespearean Journal for the commentary & discussion regarding efforts to rebuild the stage."

Any information or photographs regarding this stage activity may be found at these three locations and postings will depend somewhat on the interest shown by other people.




Facebook Badge