Introduction

Welcome to the IMS Virtual Studio

Copyright Announcement- The Copyright of all material posted in this blog, is owned by Image of the Mind Studios and it is posted here for your review only. Text or images may not be copied or reprinted without permission in writing. This is the case for all creative materials, including what has been posted on this and other blogs managed by IMS and myself. Arthur Greisiger.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Design Work

Choir Seats - One of the projects I have been working on is the modification of stackable seating  for improving Choir seating which we are using. I am adapting the seats with a flip up base, so the extremely confined used by the choir will no longer be taken up by an unused 1 foot of space, giving the choir members more room to stand. This is a very good thing. For those of you who sing in choir, you know what I mean.  I am also creating sheet music and liturgy stowage as part of that set-up. I'm really very happy with the way my conceptual design turned out in the prototype. As it appears now the modification will run $60 per chair. I'll post photos here when it is finished and if things go well, I will get a contract to modify a number of chairs. This type of stacking chair is very common, so once I finalize the design and the methodology, making this modification to your chairs is a service I can offer. You need to let me know if this is something you might want.

Choir Risers - I am also engaged in designing choir risers which will incorporate seating and just the right amount of space for arranging the sections. This design will be able to be moved and assembled by one person and the sections will be small enough to make them extremely versatile in regard to assorted arrangements. I will be using the Bryn Athyn Cathedral as the space to prototype these designs, since this is something we need there. The risers will be available for purchase or rental. If you have a need for such an item let me know.

Update: As it stands now the risers currently being designed may be location specific, due to spacial constraints and storage options. However, the designs will be applicable in other scenarios, should anyone desire to have such risers built, just let me know. I do expect at some point to have a generic set available for rental, but I have no idea when that might be.

Other design work is always under way but these are the two main projects right now.

I am working on the technical drawings and I may post photographs of the work in progress or the finished materials as this proceeds.

The future of Cinema Under the Stars

Visit: Cinema Under the Stars for discussion about this program. All activities in the Meadow Amphitheatre are on hiatus. This and other programs will center around a new portable stage which we are building and will be presented at various locations.

The Meadow Amphitheatre

The Meadow Amphitheatre has been dismantled due (in large part) to vandalism.

We expect to rebuild a portable version of the stage, which will be available on a rental basis. Look for further information to appear on the web pages linked below or send an email to imagemindag@verizon.net

A tour of The Meadow Amphitheatre has been moved to it's own site and there is a page on Facebook titled "The Shakespeareans of Tamanend Park".

Please refer to The Shakespearean Journal for the commentary & discussion regarding efforts to rebuild the stage."

Any information or photographs regarding this stage activity may be found at these three locations and postings will depend somewhat on the interest shown by other people.




Facebook Badge