Introduction

Welcome to the IMS Virtual Studio

Copyright Announcement- The Copyright of all material posted in this blog, is owned by Image of the Mind Studios and it is posted here for your review only. Text or images may not be copied or reprinted without permission in writing. This is the case for all creative materials, including what has been posted on this and other blogs managed by IMS and myself. Arthur Greisiger.

Monday, March 09, 2015

Studio Facilities

As spring approaches, I expect that I will be working outside more. I am in charge of building maintenance for the building that we own, so I divide my time between caring for the building and building my studio, which uses half of the building. The front half of the building is used for a 10K sq ft CNC Machine shop, while I am working toward setting up a wood-working shop in 5k of my space and a sound stage in the other 5k of space.  That is only a sketch of what is really part of the goals, because my facilities and equipment span quite a bit farther than that.

But in terms of the most recent activities which pertain to IMS Equipment and Facilities, a big part of my focus is on rebuilding some of my machinery. Right now that means engines for a few vehicles. I have used a 1961 Corvair Rampside for many years as my work truck, but this truck has been in mothballs for eight years. I am feeling the urge to get this going again, as I had put the kabosh on grease monkey work, in deference to finishing up The Gnomes project. Well, stopping everything for the Gnomes has started to catch up to me. I have a great deal of other work that NEEDS to be done and so I am beginning to address that work.

One thing in particular, that this means is that I am now into engine building. For those of you who are Corvair enthusiasts, that means I will take on engine jobs. I used to have a business called Just Vairs where I was building engines, including race engines, but I dropped that to work on music and writing for the Gnomes, but also for my other theatre work.  Well right now theatre is not paying me what I need, so I'm shifting for awhile back to the mechanical work. I only plan on doing that long enough to get a few of my machines back together (which includes a 1931 Model A Roadster) so if anybody wants me to do any of that for them speak up now, because once I'm done with this splurge of mechanical work, I'll probably quit doing it.

Here's a shot of my truck before if got ratty;


Some day it will be Seafoam Green with dark stripes
 (basically the opposite to the way it is painted here)

The other aspect of what I expect to be doing is to establish the recycling yard again. This will involve membership and access to materials for theatre production work. I am currently rebuilding the stage which was used at The Meadow Amphitheatre and I am building a rental Choir Stage and a few other items. If you are interested in these projects, let me know.

That's all for now. AG

The future of Cinema Under the Stars

Visit: Cinema Under the Stars for discussion about this program. All activities in the Meadow Amphitheatre are on hiatus. This and other programs will center around a new portable stage which we are building and will be presented at various locations.

The Meadow Amphitheatre

The Meadow Amphitheatre has been dismantled due (in large part) to vandalism.

We expect to rebuild a portable version of the stage, which will be available on a rental basis. Look for further information to appear on the web pages linked below or send an email to imagemindag@verizon.net

A tour of The Meadow Amphitheatre has been moved to it's own site and there is a page on Facebook titled "The Shakespeareans of Tamanend Park".

Please refer to The Shakespearean Journal for the commentary & discussion regarding efforts to rebuild the stage."

Any information or photographs regarding this stage activity may be found at these three locations and postings will depend somewhat on the interest shown by other people.




Facebook Badge